Tuesday, January 4, 2011

This and that

 My stay here in Ohio is coming to an end.  This time next week, I'll be back into mountain life at 8,000ft above sea level. 
  This winter is going to be a bit different than last winter.  This winter, I'm staying in a large Bed & Breakfast that is owned by a friend, Mingus (my dog) will have a fenced area.
   Another difference, I have a means to make money that doesn't mean getting a job.   With a combo of selling my photography, selling off some camping gear, selling my '66 Vespa, and selling a good amount of Beer Signs/Lights/Mirrors (given to me by Dad), I should be able to stay afloat. 
  There are a few leads on shops in Estes that might carry my cards.  I'm bring back with me a new card rack in case this happens.  Always good to have a fixture to lend a shop.
  And yet another difference is that this winter, I have a good friend to hang out with who's not only into photography, and watching movies, but, is a film maker, as well as having the same level of humor as myself.  Jerimiah, the cat in the Day of the Dead Images from November..  He's my bud.  We've got some ideas on photo shoots, plans for a long distance 50cc scooter ride (possibly to Vegas from Estes), and a wild dream about riding scooters across Vietnam like the guys on the UK Top Gear did. 
  Finally, the last difference is I have some new guy to meet when I get back.  I had all but blown off the guy a few months back, and strangely, thru The Residents facebook page, I accidentally contacted him again.  I say accidentally, because the person I contacted had a profile photo of something other than his/her actual self.  Found out a few days later that it was him.  Ah... the universe working in strange ways.
 

  I'm leaving early in the morning in a few days.  Staying in Lincoln.  To Estes the next day.  We'll see what happens along the way.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment