Monday, August 15, 2011

Alan and Jennifer's Island Wedding Part 1

My friend Alan hired me and my friend Jerimiah to fly down to Florida and shoot their wedding.  I've never shot a wedding before, but, it was going to be good to see Alan and have the honor to do the job.

Jerimiah had one set back.  A week before the Florida flight, he was in a helecoptor crash while shooting a Long Board competition near Golden, Colorado.  He was a bit leery to say the least.

Let's just say Jerimiah was well sedated for the flight.

The trip ended up being a sort of "Planes, Trains, and Automobiles" kinda trip.  Add to that Water Taxi, Golf Cart, Kayak, Limo, and Shuttle Bus... and that about sums it up.

The Beach House was great, and typical of that area.  Every house had a Crow's Nest or Widow's Tower/Watch.  Everything done in vibrant colors, and all the houses on stilts.





We had about a day and a half before the wedding to explore the island, and check out something really Floridian.  For me, it's been since 1988, I think, since I was in Florida.  It was Jerimiah's first time. 

















It was great to be around beach things again.
 
 
 












  Shells
And dogs.

Plants




Next up: The Wedding day








No comments:

Post a Comment