Thursday, January 28, 2010

Distracted from photography for a bit..

Since Sunday, I have been spending more time with my dog, Mingus. Since getting to Austin, I have kind of run off and left him behind at my friend's house. He's been a good sport about it, but I can tell when his patients is running thin. Nothing worse than a Blue Heeler who is starved for exercise.
Zilker Park is my friend. Always has been. I've been going to that park regularly since 1993, with Spek until he was 12, and now Mingus going on 5.

And then there is the restaurants. OMG.
I've said this before. If you cruise down S.First from Barton Springs to Ben White (which is about 4 miles), you drive past 40 Mexican joints, and most of them are Taco Stands! I have stood on the grounds of one stand, and can see 3 others from where I am! It's the most amazing thing. Beautiful.

I'm getting rain for the next couple days so it time to work on other things, but on Saturday I am hitting the black top with a scooter and a camera.. and it's time to do some taco shack shooting.

SIDE NOTES: AVOID AUSTIN IN JANUARY! Dammit, I'm getting Cedar Fever. I've been here for 7 days, and it's taking hold. My buddy, Ted, handed me 12 Zertec when I got here. I've been taking them too, but it's not enough. I've only got 5 more days in this town... LEAVE ME ALONE!

No comments:

Post a Comment