Monday, December 13, 2010

The other day...

While visiting the homeland, there are usually friends from my past who I want to see or hang with.


On this trip, I reconnected with one of my partners in crime.  Jeff and I used to romp around Ohio together, going on road trips, and getting into trouble.
Jeff met me at Fiddlestix, and I really had no idea where we would hang out.  Both of us are not ones to sit in a bar, and just talk.. so, I decided to drive us to one of our haunts, The Westlawn Cemetery, OR... the McKinley Monument.


In high school we would end up there after dark with other cohorts, and run around playing hide and seek, smoke weed, and do stuff we just shouldn't be doing.. like being in the cemetery after dark.  We'd climb monuments, and hang out.



Being back there with Jeff was interesting to say the least.

He had not been there in years, and was surprised by the amount of vandalism.

We never destroyed stuff while there as kids.

  At that time, all of already had a respect for art and the like, so it never dawned on us to knock heads off the statues..



Both of us cut your photography teeth in the cemetery.

Jeff also got his climbing bug there.  Over the years both of us have returned here to re-examine things, and that was what today was about.

The best part was hanging with an old friend who knows you very well.  It was as tho we had just seen each other last week, even tho it had been 6 years.

  

No comments:

Post a Comment